Three Sages and Negative Painting

Having recently watched a tutorial on YouTube (by Niki for Donna Downey), doing a cool negative painting.  I was inspired to try my own.  I don't own Donna's stencil or masks so I simply made my own:
I think the masks look cool after I used them.  Here's how to make your own:  Trace or sketch an outline of a subject.  Available in magazines, etc.  Mine were sketched and tweaked over and over until I liked it.  Cover your sketch in clear packing tape and cut out.  Or you can do as I did; forget to tape them until they were cut.  Either way, they should last a while.
The riotous back ground started with these sprays:

Then I did a bit of doodling and used more stencils with white paint.  After it's all dry, paint around your stencils with black paint.  Easy-peasy. 






Comments