Lake Michigan Beach Glass 2019

This is my haul of aqua beach glass from the southern shores of Lake Michigan in northern Illinois.  And that's only the aqua.  Actually I now only pick up aqua colored glass, forgoing the brown and green beer bottle glass.  I started in the summer and try to go once a week if the weather complies.  
Our Lake Michigan shores are forever giving and giving.  It astounds me how much glass rolls in with the tide.  Anyone can come home with two handfuls of glass.  

There are three main reasons I go there.  One is obviously the treasures I find.  Two is that I am always on the look out for raptor migration.  Birds use the shores to navigate with the benefit of the thermals.  One item high on my bucket list is seeing a Snowy Owl in the wild; still waiting...  They have been known to come down here from the Arctic for food.  The third is exercise.  I got a FitBit for my birthday.  When I'm not hiking in the woods, I love to walk the long strand of beach.

Speaking of exercise, here is how I looked after my 4.5 mile forest hike last Thursday.  
Embrace the MUD!
 






Comments