Sweet Earth


I tried something different with this teabag art piece.   I layered a transparency of a blue bottle with a stalk of watercolored die cut wildflowers onto text tissue paper and used gel medium to cover it all with a whole teabag.  The gel medium is then painted over the top and renders the teabag transparent.  When dry, I layered another set of just the flowers on top for a 3D effect.  The text is seen thru the bottle. 
I dabbed white thru a stencil to create more depth.  The background was gessoed and spray colored (Lindy's Stamp Gang products).  

Join me:
ART AND SOUL
Minneapolis, MN  May 23-29



Comments

  1. So soft and pretty. This was a very effective technique. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So I don't feel like I'm blogging for only myself, I would love to read your comments.