Been solderin'

This is a brooch I made last week with copper and brass.  The three hearts at the top are crystal that I wired together.  I retaught myself to set rivets for attaching.  2" x 1 1/2"
This piece is called "AS IS".  It is a brooch that has a gothic window shaped background with a filligree
corner attached at the top.  The front is actually an empty pocket that is soldered on from the back and bottom.  I also added a brass ring that resembles a halo.  I wired a swag of beads to break up the length of the piece.    Every time my daughter Isabel sees it she remarks that those are her and my initials.  3" x 1"

These two gothic window shapes are two pieces I started on yesterday.
I placed the one with the filligree in front to show dimension/perspective of the size.  I am planning to use resin to fill these in but I haven't decided on the images yet.  Stay tuned.
2" x 1 1/4" x 1/4"




Comments

  1. Oh man! So very lovely!!! Love the hearts all wired together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Anni- these are so lovely. I really like the German?? Dutch? text behind those hearts. It just looks so rustic and old fashioned. The wired crystal hearts add a slightly modern but chic feel. Did you emboss the "amour" into the metal? and then distressed the final product? I am just stunned. Keep it coming. I can't wait to see what is next!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So I don't feel like I'm blogging for only myself, I would love to read your comments.