A simple leaf. Art & Soul

Molding, shaping, playing.
The base of this leaf is metal wire onto which I attached a glob of plaster wrap and hand shaped it.  The background is a die cut from a coffee filter that I rusted in Art and Soul 2017.  The arc next to it is a scrap of air-dry clay I kept from another project.
Simple sometimes makes the strongest perception.  Play and plan along the way and come up with your own Mindful Offerings.


 Sundays are when I care for and feed our 30 year old hawk, (that was yesterday, at the time of this post.)  I'm always inspired when I spend time in and around the forest and my two charges, the hawk and owl.  Yesterday I met a mom and her two small children there.  The mom was putting mittens on her little girl (30 something degrees here still), and her purse was opened on the ground.  Inside I saw two sticks. The sticks were found by her children.  I immediately recognized a kindred spirit in motherhood.  While my two are adults now, that's how I nurtured them.  Through nature.  Nature played a huge part in fostering important values I hope my kids still have.
Mindful mothering at it's best.






















Comments