Eco-Dying with Black Beans

With the inspiration that I harvest from (mostly) Pinterest, I find my way thru many new experiments that I just HAVE to try.
Dying with black beans, no exception.  I explained how I did it below.
My finished product turned more purplish-blue than blue, but no problem here.  Up on the right is some thread I threw in too.
FUN!

You soak one bag of raw black beans in water for 2 days.  No heat, just cover it and wait....
Transfer just the liquid into a container using a sieve.  I then filled 2 lidded jars with the dye and stuck my fabric and thread in those for another 2 days.  I quickly rinsed everything out and hung them to dry.  I will posted pics of some embroidery I've done on them.
;)



















Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, your adventures are always so fun to watch from afar. This color is so rich and I think unique. I'm looking forward to seeing the creations...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So I don't feel like I'm blogging for only myself, I would love to read your comments.