Lute in Old San Juan

The tower was inspired by a fort we saw in Old San Juan, PR while on a cruise port call.  Castillo de San Felipe de Morro, 16th century
The papers used to make the tower are all scraps I had.  The roof is a left over from a file folder I sprayed black that left a spotted look along the edges.  The rest is sketched on to create depth.  The lute itself was sketched on thick translucent paper and cut out.  The rest is collaged with vintage paper, old lace and gelli printed leftovers.  The red at the bottom is the inside of a security envelope.  Kind of rare seeing red instead of blue.












Comments

  1. That is so lovely. The colors aren't all exoected, but they combine to give a visual feast. I could just keep looking and find something new to ponder each time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So I don't feel like I'm blogging for only myself, I would love to read your comments.