July 26, 2016

52 Card Pick-up of my own

Some very talented people have inspired me to create my own 52 Card Pickup.  I like working on this kind of art on a small scale.  I sketched on some, and collaged on others.  The dragon above is 2 cards that I sketched and painted as one, then adhered them to their own playing card.  By no means am I done doing all 52.   (Pssst!:  I may be doing a 52 card workshop in 2017.)
Here is my LadyHawk card.  
BTW, My hawk is doing much better!  She is on meds daily but we are watching her closely.  She's not 100% of what she was before, but has exhibited a healthy-ish appetite again.  My heart has also healed from the trauma of almost losing her.  Someday this will happen, but thankfully not yet.




3 comments:

  1. So glad to read about your hawk. It is only a delay, but this is how we prepare our hearts... Cherishing this time now. Your cards are lovely, especially the lady hawk card. I hope you share all 52 with us and get to host the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear this. I learned about the hawk from you at the Minneapolis Art & Soul retreat in May, and just figured out where your blog is! Been thinking about that hawk :-). Best, Pam Reynolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a comment about the hawk. Yes, she's doing fine, thank goodness. Are you taking any classes in Minneapolis this year? Hope to see you there. A

      Delete

I really appreciate each and every comment.