New Tea Bag Art

I actually made these tea bag bundles about a month ago.  I used a square punch to create stacks of tea bags mixed with manila card stock (for stability).  Using waxed brown thread I tied them up into wee bundles.  The center one has red wax that I had in my stash.  What?!?  Who has dribbles of red wax hanging around?  I do.  It's from a Bonbel cheese wrapper that I peeled off and heated up in my hands like clay.  Because who knows when you might need a dribble of wax? ;>
The layers are black card stock, a clipped old map from a magazine, brown card stock that I bleach stamped, a bit of crochet that I made then stiffened, and a tag that says 'Merchant'.  It's the same image I used in my blog header above.  If you scroll up you'll see it.
Just another 'Tea Bag' art idea I had to add to my tea bag journal.  Which as you all know by now, is a workshop that I will be teaching in May at ART & SOUL.

I have a few more 'tea baggage' art to blog in the coming week.  See you then.
~Anni

I added this piece to Let's Play February to use neglected art supply - brown card stock and red labels:
https://acolorfuljourney.com/



Comments

  1. Such a beautiful work of art created from bits and pieces we wouldn't think of as lovely. Yet, you've made the useful and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your use of the red wax saved from that cheese! Overall, though, I like your design, plus I love brown. Very clever use of materials plus great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wee bundles are fabulous! Thanks for sharing with Let's Play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your wonderful project over at A Colorful Journey. What a wonderful piece!!! How clever of you to keep the red wax. Hats off!

    I am totally enchanted with everything on your blog and am your newest follower on Google Friend Connect.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. those squares are cute. I too have somewhere red wax in my stash.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So I don't feel like I'm blogging for only myself, I would love to read your comments.