Happy New Year

Anni and Bu
I thought I'd share a recent selfie that I took of me and the Red-tailed hawk I care for. 
She came to us 26 years ago after being rescued from an accident in which her right wing was broken.  She was rehabilitated, but not entirely.  She, along with our Screech Owl, are captive raptors used for education at Ryerson Forest Preserve in Illinois.  Many children have gotten to see our hawk and owl up close in the many programs they are used for.

I'll try to get a selfie with our owl soon.

Comments

  1. That is one fantastic hawk! How blessed you are to be able to help care for her. I can't wait to see the photo of the owl. Happy New Year to you as well. Wishing you much creativity in 2016!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So I don't feel like I'm blogging for only myself, I would love to read your comments.