Sunshine Award ~ for bloggers from bloggers



Brandy and Andie from Contagiously Crafty graciously honored me with the Sunshine Blogger Award today.  I am truly honored.  Thank you so much for this blog recognition, Brandy and Andie. 

The Sunshine Blogger Award is a little like a chain letter, but a lot more fun.  The idea is that when you receive the award you answer ten questions about yourself and then bestow the award on ten blogs that you frequent. 

Here are the rules:

1.  Include award logo in blog post.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link back to them.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself, that you have made up yourself.
4. Nominate 10-12 bloggers and contact them at their blog site to inform them.


Question 1.  How long have you been playing with paper? 

 All totaled, probably 15 years.  I began with scrapbooking when my kids were younger.  I also worked at a scrapbook store in my town where I taught private scrapbooking lessons.

Question 2.  What did you do PPC (pre-paper crafting)?
My art actually began with quilting.  I saw quilts I loved and said "I can do that".  When we all had quilts on our beds, I turned to art quilting.  The need for self expression has always been there.

Question 3.   How did your art progress from there?
After assembling fabric into wonderful creations, I began assembling collage work (mixed media) on canvases.  My appetite for learning more about altered and assembled art took me to Stampington's many issues of magazines. 

Question 4.   What was your goal at this point?
I set a goal to get a piece of my assembled art published.  After a few refusals, one small item finally got published.  After a few more accepted pieces, Stampington asked me to write an article about a piece I submitted. 

Question 5.  How many articles have you written for Stampington's issues?
I have over 10 'By-lines' and many pieces published over the years.  I was asked to write a chapter in Somerset Workshop on liquid media.  I titled my chapter 'Liquid Assets' that covered about 17 pages of art and color experiments, etc. that I put together.  Did I mention I got paid for my articles?


Question 6.  What is your blog about?
Handgathered is mainly about card making now.  I enjoy entering challenges online and getting to know other bloggers through their work.

Question 7. 
How would you define yourself (creatively)?
I still create from the heart.  I am still moved and inspired by imagery that invokes 'hand-gathered' and hand made art.  Music plays a huge role in my life.  I am forever moved by poetry and lyrics that have heard.  I have a body of art (mixed media pieces) that I started making that is inspired exclusively by lyrics.


Question 8.  What other sorts of art have you dabbled in?

I have taken a few metalsmithing classes.  I made jewelry using soldering techniques, wire work, beading and assemblage that also incorporates fiber manipulation. 

Question 9.
  Where do you see your creativity going from here?
There is always something new to learn and dabble in.  I also see myself returning to what I have already learned and approaching it with a new eye.  Anything to keep my hands busy.

Question 10. What advice would you give others?

If you are interested in trying something new, invest a bit of time to learn it, do it, experience it.  There is no telling where it will take you.

Now it is time to 'Pay It Forward'.  I would like to bestow the Blogger's Sunshine Award to the following bloggers who have graciously shared their freebies and talents:



Gabrielle Pollacco at Such a Pretty Mess 
Peaches at Auntpeaches.com


Cathe Holden at Just Something I Made  

Comments

  1. It was so nice to read these little details about your art. I truly consider you an artiste and I think that is what draws me to your work and inspires me so. I am also impressed- not only published, but paid. Nice job! You really are a ray of sunshine when I click through to your posts. Please keep sharing and inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the kind award hon! That means a lot to me! Love your blog site as well!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So I don't feel like I'm blogging for only myself, I would love to read your comments.